Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Equipment Day

Earlier this month we took Jacob to a local tradition. It was equipment day at the zoo. We thought that since he loves trucks, cars, motorcycles well you get the idea that he would absolutely love this. I even passed on one of my favorite neighborhood garage sales to take Jacob to this event. Anyone who knows me knows the sacrafice that is!

I was a little disappointed at Jacob's inital reaction. He would not even get out of the stroller. He wanted know part of the noise of the horns or that abundance of people. Which I wasn't really overly surprised because Emily had the same reaction the first time we took her. But I was still a little disappointed becasue after all I gave up a huge garage sale. That is until he saw the old Zoo Train engine. He wanted to sit on the train. That broke the ice then he became more interested in all of the various euipment. By the time we were getting ready to leave he wanted to sit on everything! Isn't that the way it always goes!

What was really funny is that he kept on his sunglasses and hard hat most of the day. I was able to get a shot of him with a death grip on his hard hat!b

Another grand adventure with our little car guy!

Here are some pictures of all of my kids on the equipment. Even Dave couldn't resist sitting on a huge John Deere tractor. Some boys just refuse to grow up! But then that is one of the things I loved about my husband he is a kid at heart! That is why Jacob and daddy are such great buddies!



















1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we were in Fairbanks, my brother in law went to the fair by himself just to look at the heavy equipment!